Few questions . - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2007, 07:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Few questions .

i was wondering if you can give me some tips about some windows issues

first i'd like to know if i can limit the whole internet speed on the computer

and i mean by that the browsing and the upload the download including the torrent sharing system ??

can that be done ?

also if there is any type of skins that can be applied to Microsoft outlook ?
"i heard that it isn't skinable yet i thought i should ask anyway "

this one isn't concerning windows .. it's about blogging

i use blogger and i like the Css features in it

is there is any other blogging platforms out there that can provide me with that power ??

P.S i really like to know the first question most . it's really important as i have that brother and just can't stop downloading games and other trials

Old 11-09-2007, 07:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Repeat Offender
Default Re: Few questions .

Download a program called DrTCP. It will let you make lots of changes to your internet connection. Can't help with the rest.

Change the world. Of one person. Today.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the variables....it ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

well i'm got that applications and it seems pretty good BUT yet i was looking for a way that might be able to work from insider windows .. like modifying some values in the registry .. i dunno i heard it can be done that way

yet thanks anyway

seems so complicated to me .. and really dunno how to modify the internet speed it it
Old 11-09-2007, 11:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

incredimail has a plug in
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Old 11-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Your torrent and P2P software should have a setting to limit upload bandwith. I don't know about downloading, though. Just threaten to kick the crap out of him if he downloads another demo.

It seems to me that if you want to slow everything down, it would be a hindrance for you, too. That's kind of a waste of money, so just get rid of broadband and get dial-up.
Closed Thread