Few concerns about the WinXP - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2007, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Few concerns about the WinXP

I'm not sure if this the right forum? I called the technician yesterday and asked him a few questions. Now I've already got the info on how to move backups from Win98 to WinXP. But I have 2 questions.

1] If Windows XP is going to be upgraded, does the new application created the new one or overwitten the Windows 98?

2] If Windows XP is installed from Windows 98, is it possible to switch the OSes back (Like switching XP to 98). If you do, show me how?

3]Does the Win98 files (Inclduing user files) still exist?

I have a LOT of time to think about upgrading my Win98 to Windows XP because I used Win98 for 2 or 3 years but I finally needed a upgrade of my own.

I did call the technican about the PRICE of the Upgrade and it's going to be $60.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Default Re: Few concerns about the WinXP

How to uninstall Windows XP and revert to a previous operating system

Old 07-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Few concerns about the WinXP

I have to back up the system every time before I reinstall the system. That's a bit complicated but oh well.

How to Restore Windows 98 from a Full System Backup
How to Back Up and Restore Files with Microsoft Backup

At least I already have those infomation.
Closed Thread