fax using internet? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2004, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Default fax using internet?

does anyone know of a program or website that allows faxing through the internet using broadband? i have no working modem so no phoneline can be used to fax. i need to also attach a scanned document to the fax. i am looking for a free service

Old 01-14-2004, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

i have no idea if this works or not but its something i found while looking for u and is something to look into-faxing from ur browser
another site is 1888usa.com there is a list mid page about different faxing services some of which r free trial only but if ur fax need is a one time thing or something that shouldnt b a prob. i didnt check um out i'll let u do that
hope it helps

Fear is nothing but the anticipation of pain, be it physical, mental, spiritual or emotional.
Athlon XP 2200+ oc\'ed @ 1.93ghz
MSI ms-6738
768mb ddr2100
Nvidia mx420 :(
60gig maxtor 7200rpm
Dual boot with Mandrake 10.0 and Win XP Pro sp2
Old 01-14-2004, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

I found some links with a google search for free internet fax service... Looks like most of them limit the number of pages or give you a trial period... which would be fine for a one shot deal.
(*Hafta send by fax not email - must be for a lawyer huh?*)

I won't recommend any since I dont use them, but remember, you get what you pay for... And they may be out of business soon...
Old 01-15-2004, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

If you need a cheap solution and don't want to shell out big bucks for a fax machine, you can get those "scanner/printer/fax" machines that I see all over the place for under 50.00, its alot cheaper than buying a full size fax machine, but I haven't had any experience with them, so I couldn't tell you how well they work.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie

what, don't they have an email adress you can send it too... I though the fax had gone the way of the Dino's...
Old 01-15-2004, 07:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
HONK if you route packets
Default Re: fax using internet?

Originally posted by ekÆsine
does anyone know of a program or website that allows faxing through the internet using broadband? i have no working modem so no phoneline can be used to fax. i need to also attach a scanned document to the fax. i am looking for a free service
eFax works great. They have a free service and a paid service.
With the free service, your fax number that faxes to your email address may change. But they are very good about telling you your new fax number. I've been using the free service for over a year and my number hasn't changed yet.
The only thing is that I am not sure if you can attach and send with the free service. The other downfall is that the receiving end, if receiving the fax via email, will have to have eFax installed to open the item. But if the receiver uses a regular fax machine then of course the document just spits out.

Old 01-16-2004, 03:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

yeah fax is old, this is a one time shot for someone else. was intending to send a fax to washington state university, they specifically said use fax.

thanks guys for all those links i will be busy trying them out. i should not have said free, anything cheap would have been okay with me. searched google before asking this, it made me confused still.

darn, efax free trial can only receive faxes not send and to subscribe is $24 with activation. will try the one neversleep suggested

hey thanks neversleep, the link to www.fax1.com seems exactly what i am looking for. no monthly/ yearly commitment and cheap
Old 06-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Check out the faxbeep.com list of internet fax service providers.

You can also see a detailed discussion of faxing over broadband on the Internet Fax FAQ.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Try using Quick Voice Mail's Fax service. It is an add-on feature for Quick Voice Mail users.

Closed Thread