7 QAM256 639000000 Hz 0.9 dBmV 38.6 dB 215 72
8 QAM256 645000000 Hz 1.8 dBmV 39.4 dB 197 112

Upstream Bonded Channels

Channel Lock Status US Channel Type Channel ID Symbol Rate Frequency Power
1 ATDMA 5120 Ksym/sec 30100000 Hz 42 dBmV
2 ATDMA 5120 Ksym/sec 36500000 Hz 42 dBmV
3 ATDMA 2560 Ksym/sec 18900000 Hz 43.5 dBmV
4 ATDMA 5120 Ksym/sec 23700000 Hz 39.1 dBmV

the number of correctables and uncorrectables was at zero when the power levels were at 14dbmv
now that he put a db limiter the uncorrectables skyrocket.

from my readings the number of uncorrectables should be zero...
am I right?

got the RMA hopefully get the modem in few days

but the idiot on Comcast tech support keeps insisting that everything is fixed now since he did this

"I have run the test on your internet service. I would need to send refresh signals to your modem to resynchronize it to our server. This will stabilize and speed up your internet connection. With that, I might lose you for a bit, but please stay online as I will wait for you to come back. Is it okay for me to refresh your connection now?"

heres how it goes every week now with Comcast
I start chat and tell them I already done the basic troubleshooting and get him to do the above resync procedure
and they feel all super proud and insist that it will never happen again
this guy is actually betting money on it lol.
even though I keep telling him that last 4 guys said same thing and its now working

what does that mean anyway when they "resynchronize it to our server"

and why would it get out of sync shortly after?

I just want to make sure that its the modems fault before I send it in and get new one only to find out that the problem is still there

go out and buy a new one....if everything works as it should, then you'll know it's your modem/router, and ignore Comcast.
return the new one to the store and wait for your RMA or keep the new one and use that. You can and keep the RMA'd modem as a back up or re-sell it in Craigslist/eBay when you get it back

what does that mean anyway when they "resynchronize it to our server"
Honestly I'd say they're probably just remotely rebooting the modem... Something you can do yourself by unplugging it from power for about 30 seconds to a couple minutes and then powering it back up.

and why would it get out of sync shortly after?
If it's bad it can mess up and require rebooting.

I just want to make sure that its the modems fault before I send it in and get new one only to find out that the problem is still there

Erm, why are you so worried? It's an RMA - not like you're out a ton of money (maybe only $10 for shipping?). If the problem is still there then you can rule out the modem for sure... and then you have more troubleshooting to do. Otherwise, if it does turn out to be the modem, you're going through extra trouble for nothing.

I don't think what they do is simply power cycle the modem

I reboot the modem every day and no improvement
whey they do it from their end the internet starts working snappy and full speed for few hours and slowly goes to sheet

is it possible that the borderline high signal levels damaged something in my modem?
that's really the only thing I can think of.
the limit is 15dbmv and they were around 14.5-14.9dbmv before the fixed the cable line

got my replacement modem will see tomorrow if I still have stable connection

last week or so I had to restart it every day. and it would work for about 4-5 hours and then stop.
so the restart was working in the end.
but when i was restarting it a month ago and earlier it didn't do anything.

my limited knowledge suggests me that the super high signal levels could have damaged something. since i don't know if they were spiking above 15dbmv or not.

and i got a new funky password with this modem lol
my last one was "narrow unicorn"

as for using his own modem- that is why he is here TSing the issue- Most ISP will not support third party equipment. You can use it.. they won;t do anything other than confirm you have the correct credentials. Outside of that support they will refer you to the mnfg- which looks like he has already been in touch with them.

Have you checked for packet loss?

Is it the same sites across all devices or is it just random sites?

Have you changed your DNS servers from your ISP to 8.8.8.8 (google)

Do you use a VPN or any proxy service?

sorry but I read most of the post before skipping to the end to see it

Last edited:
so far good. new modem is working like a champ.
I think the first one got damaged because it worked for 3 months no problems at all.

well ****. I learned something while troubleshooting. good stuff

Back
Top Bottom