Fall creators update and stupidity...

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Aside from resetting a bunch of settings, I guess I am seeing a new "feature"... I tend to shut down with numerous applications open. However, lately, upon logging back into my account after a shut down or reboot, all those applications reopen... This reminds me of that bull**** Hybrid Shutdown that M$ pushed out. However, I have disabled that setting, AGAIN, yet, programs still open... Chrome opens up on my monitors loading pages where I had left, notepad opens, along with dozens of other programs that was loaded during my previous session.

Someone please tell me I haven't gone crazy and that there's a setting I am overlooking?

Are those programs set to launch on startup? That's controlled in the task manager now, rather than msconfig like it used to be.

Nope, they aren't, it's Win10 litterally resuming where **** is when I either reboot, or shutdown and come back later and sign back in. It relaunches all programs that was open at start. Win10 is acting like Hybrid Shutdown is enabled, however, the setting is disabled.

If Notepad is open during a shutdown, it reopens notepad to the same place.

If Chrome is opened, it reopens chrome, and restores the tabs, and scrolls me to the place it was when I shut down.

If I had Outlook running and I went to shut down, it would relaunch outlook at logon.

However, if the program is closed, it will not reopen it upon the next logon.

Last edited:
Aside from resetting a bunch of settings, I guess I am seeing a new "feature"... I tend to shut down with numerous applications open. However, lately, upon logging back into my account after a shut down or reboot, all those applications reopen... This reminds me of that bull**** Hybrid Shutdown that M$ pushed out. However, I have disabled that setting, AGAIN, yet, programs still open... Chrome opens up on my monitors loading pages where I had left, notepad opens, along with dozens of other programs that was loaded during my previous session.

Someone please tell me I haven't gone crazy and that there's a setting I am overlooking?
These are not Windows 10 16299.15/19 (1709) errors or problems, but these are problems in your skills.
Make a new clean installation. This is the only one that will save and help you. :D

Uhh, if you're telling me that the solution is to reload an OS, every time they release a damned update like this, then your skills are lacking. If I end up having to reload again, then M$ can suck my cock, as I wont be using their ****. No reason anyone should have to reload an OS over some stupid bug, or flaw.

Unfortunately, you do not have any other options at this time.
But why do not you block such a big updates if you do not want them.
You have a completely legal or official option not to install such major changes as it is now. You can only abandon them with one button hitting. Why do not you do this?
In future You should remember, the computer must be always fully OK before to bigin install some update.

Back
Top Bottom