Fall creators update and stupidity...

I just looked under sign-in options and have enabled what they showed yet I don't get the whole startup stuff. Starting to really think it's tied into M$ account and domains.

I can understand the frustration, but I am not sure I would call this a bug turned feature. I do use a M$ account which is probably why I see it. But like PP mentioned I rather like the fact that my recent apps come back when I restart. I can definitely see that people will not like, but it will be a love or hate thing.

If it's actually an intentional change, M$ could have easily provided a setting that users could set, even Apple offers a choice in this behavior in their operating system.

Have poured over potential group policies to see if there is a way to disable this via my DC, so far after scanning through a few thousand policies, nothing stands out, yet.

But yeah, I am stuck on the idea this is a bug that M$ doesn't know how to fix yet and they are passing it off as a "feature", and the bug is tied to the type of logon and how the machine is setup. Have been using a batch file tied to a macro key on my keyboard to perform a "proper" shutdown the last few days. Thankfully they haven't messed the actual shutdown command up, seems clicking shutdown does more than just call shutdown.exe these days.

"shutdown.exe -s -t 0"

Last edited:
Maybe Insider Preview Build 17025 will fix that.
Controlling your Startup tasks: Continuing our work from the previous flight, with today's flight we've updated the Advanced options under Settings > Apps & Features so that UWP apps that are configured to run at startup will now have a new option to see all available tasks specified by the app developer and their status.
1b0b2068416d9f031988112ce3528a34.png
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-insider-build-17025-for-pc-brings-an-updated-microsoft-yahei-font/

Aside from resetting a bunch of settings, I guess I am seeing a new "feature"... I tend to shut down with numerous applications open. However, lately, upon logging back into my account after a shut down or reboot, all those applications reopen... This reminds me of that bull**** Hybrid Shutdown that M$ pushed out. However, I have disabled that setting, AGAIN, yet, programs still open... Chrome opens up on my monitors loading pages where I had left, notepad opens, along with dozens of other programs that was loaded during my previous session.

Someone please tell me I haven't gone crazy and that there's a setting I am overlooking?
You are not crazy, trust me I have the same problem. When I turn it on and it opens back everything that I`ve used previously my pc slows down and it's so annoying. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom