Failing HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wumbo6

Baseband Member
I have been hearing my hard drive slow down and then speed back up. then about 2 seconds later my computer freezes. cant move mouse so i am forced to restart. i am using a wd 120 caviar drive.(my sig) and a cooler master real power 450w(RS450ACLY) psu. any suggestions?
thanks in advance

whoops sorry man. well yesterday was the time that i really pissed me off to the point i needed help. i was playing cs source then i hear my hard drive slow down. almost like a power off. then it starts back up again and sounds normal. then i wait about 2 seconds later and my computer completely freezes. this has always happened but it is completely random. i have one output fan one directly blowing on my hard drive one blowing the other side of my hard drive and my psu blows hot air too.
thanks for replying. sorry for the post location

so this just started happening all of the sudden. This exact same thing happend to me. I would hear this sound in the hard drive then my computer would freeze. Not one of those little freezes where you just can hit task manager.. but a kind of freeze where everything comes to a halt and you have to shut off and turn back on. You cant move the mouse or anything. Well i am not sure what i did it just did this for a few days then just stopped So i suggest runing a few computer diagnostics. Such as checking the hard disk for errors etc. simple things like check the hd for errors or defrag maybe.

i think its a power issue, so try and swap out the psu with a new one or perhaps borrow one from a friend to test or even from another computer if you have one. there was a thread recently on a very similar issue. i'll try and find it and link to it, see what the conclusion was.

edit: heres the thread http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78917&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom