failed to create empty document - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default failed to create empty document

Hi everyone, I found MGI Photosuite on my hdd today, so I clicked on the .exe and it said "failed to create an empty document" Can anyone tell me why It can't create an empty document and how to fix it?

My os is winxp sp2.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

It might be corrupted so redownload it

Old 07-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

It's free? Where do you get it?
"Naming them would either make it clear that Linux is not infringing at all (which is quite possible, especially if the patents are bad), or would make it possible to avoid infringing by coding around whatever silly thing they claim,"

"So the whole 'We have a list and we're not telling you' should tell you something. Don't you think that if Microsoft actually had some really foolproof patent, they'd just tell us and go, 'nyaah, nyaah, nyaah!'?"

whole story here: http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...-microsoft-put
Old 07-27-2006, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I bet this program has a default directory where it creates new documents (something such as c:\documents and settings\user\my documents\MGI Photosuite.) and the default is not there anymore. Look into the default properties to see if there is such a specification.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

Where do I find the default properties? You mean just right clicking on it?
"Naming them would either make it clear that Linux is not infringing at all (which is quite possible, especially if the patents are bad), or would make it possible to avoid infringing by coding around whatever silly thing they claim,"

"So the whole 'We have a list and we're not telling you' should tell you something. Don't you think that if Microsoft actually had some really foolproof patent, they'd just tell us and go, 'nyaah, nyaah, nyaah!'?"

whole story here: http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...-microsoft-put
Old 07-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

No. I mean somewhere in the application itself. It could be some path specification somehre in an options section. I am just making a logical guess becasue I do not use the program. Reinstalling it should recreate any directories used by the program.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Techie

well, it is installed to C:\Program Files\MGI\MGI PhotoSuite II and I think that is the default. Does anyone know where to get it? I have no idea where I got it in the first place.

Closed Thread