Failed BlastWorm Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leila

Solid State Member
Hi guys...hope everyone is doing great and enjoying their week so far. I would enjoy mine a lot more if I could get rid of these infected files! I ran a Housecall scan yesterday, and a klez.h worm showed up in the registry and corrupted some executable program files, which I deleted. The klez worm seems to be disabling my antivirus software, so I am at a loss as to how to remove it completely...it drops new "WINK" folders into my registry every time I boot up, regardless of my deleting them. Now, today, when I ran Housecall to see which files are still being infected, the Blaster showed up in my registry. The fixes that are downloadable for the Blaster worm are being aborted when I run them (assumedly by the klez worm) so I don't know what to do! Any help would be greatly appreciated...I've lost quite a bit of money and time since the infection!

Thank you!!!!

I was using Norton Antivirus 2003, but I bought McAfee's download this morning and disabled Norton by itself to install it. McAfee ran the same way as Norton did once it was installed; it just stops running on its own and seemingly uninstalls itself in the middle of a scan or clean. The download for the Blast fix does the same thing. Am I going to have to format/reinstall XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom