F@H SMP vs. Twin Threaded Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
Quite simple really... does the SMP client offer any productivity advantage over dual console clients on separate threads?

Right now I'm running the console clients because I was having trouble setting up the SMP (it refuses to be set up on my system because it doesn't want to auth on another account).

Currently the twin console clients are taking advantage of all my CPU's processing power, but it's computing efficiency I'm concerned about.

Oh I misunderstood, I thought you ment, you had two PS3's folding or something like that.

No, only one SMP Console per machine. Same thing with the regular client. Only one client per CPU. Reguardless of the amount of cores it has, you will see higher PPD running only one client at a time.

Any recommendation for how I could configure the SMP client on my machine?

When i last tried to install it, it wouldn't run because I didn't have my account password protected. I tried telling it to connect to the password protected 'admin' account, and also tried making a special 'SMP' account for it, and it didn't want to do either.

Also, if I log in as 'jabberwock', but my documents are kept in C:\Documents and Settings\user\ Is my username for F@H 'jabberwock' or 'user'? (it shows as 'EXTREME_SAVAGE\user' for machine\user in the client)

When it asks for the user name, you use the name, you use to log in. WHATEVER it is, you use that, if theres no password you leave it blank and hit enter twice, then when it asks for a folding user name you use the one of this forum.

And a team number of 12864.

lol, unfortunately I'm already obligated to another team :)

I did try it without a password, but it says it's unable to authenticate with a blank password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom