F.E.A.R. Free Multiplayer installer crashes Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
You know, like the "kills explorer, and anything that stays on top still works (like task manager), but once something loses focus, it's gone" sort of crash.

I can save Windows by force-quitting the installer and then force-quitting the explorer process tree (or just force quitting explorer.exe and then waiting 10 minutes for the computer to manage doing it), but then I have to reboot anyway because all of the applications running aren't on the taskbar anymore and I can't access them.

This happens instantly when I double-click on the installer icon on my desktop (it took me 5 hours to download that 2 gig thing yesterday)

pic related

Attachments

• dammit.gif
    dammit.gif
    62.5 KB · Views: 36
I have no idea which version I have or if it's supposed to be current. I got it from Filefront using google.

It appears to have the same version identifier. I'm re-downloading from the official torrent anyway, in case I got a corrupt copy.

Dont get me wrong the one from FileFront are usually not that bad. But i would rather get it from the site thru a torrent. That way i know with the hash checks i wont get a bad download.

doing that now... at this rate though, it'll finish downloading around the time I manage to divide by zero. I haven't found a single seed or received a single bit in the last 3-1/2 hours.

fileplanet is where I got it from the first place (I didn't mean filefront)

It's going now though so I think I'm fine.

Now just to get FS2 SCP working....

I've had nothign but problems with this lol. I 'bought' fear and it came with a multiplayer.. That suddenly crapped out on me. No response when I click to open it.

So i've been trying to download fear combat as a substitute. The first one from gamespot (bad idea) is corrupted. "Catastrophic Crash" thing or whatever.
The 2nd one from the sierra sire.. kept downloading after the file finished.. I stopped it at 3.0Gb and gave up lol. I just downloaded the one from fileplanet and havent tried to install it yet. If it doesnt work i'm just gonna give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom