explorer won't load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester73440

Baseband Member
Got a friend with a system running windows xp I don't know all the details but he said his screen comes up but no task bar or icons I assume he means his explorer is not loading. Not his Iexplorer but his explorer. I'm prolly going to just format it but would like to know if there was an easier fix. Thanks sorry for the lack of details.

try booting into safemode and see if that allows you to get up. Then run MSconfig and disable startup programs. reboot and see if that helps. If not, go back into safemode, goto services tab, hide the MS servises and then stop all the rest. reboot and see what happens.

if you can get in from one of those steps, it's one of the programs in with startup or services. Try enabling them one at a time to test out what is going wrong. That is if you don't want to rebuild. even a repair install is only a last resort if you want to fix the problem...

Good luck

Thanks but when i got to the computer it had a lot of errors just on start up so i clear the partitions and formatted. Now i gotta go back monday cause a few drivers won't load. I told them not to buy a Dell!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom