Explorer will not connect to the Internet through the network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5v

Solid State Member
Has anyone had the problem with Windows XP of suddenly no longer being able to connect to the internet with Explorer or Firefox? The computer was connecting with no problems through your network.

This computer is able to access the internet in order to obtain email and the other computers will see it on the network but will be unable to access it. The computer in question is unable to see any other computers and when you go to network connections it is blank. All the internet and network connections are correct. There were no known changes made to the computer when it was connecting to the internet with no problems.

I have known several people to have this problem and the only solution I have found is to reinstall Windows and then it works fine.

I would appreciate any help in this matter and would like to know if anyone else has had this problem.

I don't advise to reinstall windows. It could possibly fix the problem but thats just like saying if theres something wrong with ur car then crush it and buy a new one and that fixes ur car problem.

Are these computers using DHCP?

Have you tried to ping a computer or server within your network?

I have tried everything. I found three programs that were supposed to reset everything in the network settings in windows. They did not help.

Once I even had three professional network managers working on my computer and they failed to solve the problem. The only thing they could tell me was to reload Windows. The current problem is in a computer I am working on for a friend and they don't care what I have to do to get it going again but want it back as soon as possible.

Yes, I have tried everything you can imagine and with some friends some things you would not have thought of.

I am very surprised no one on here has ever heard of this problem. I know of at least four people who have had this problem and I have never been able to find anything about a solution other than reloading windows.

BTW, I reloaded Windows and of course, it now works fine. My friend wanted their computer back today and did not care about loosing anything on it.

It certainly sounds like a modification to the host files or a infection. I would have suggested a scan with Spyware Asylum.

Spyware Asylum

90% of the time when a problem like this comes up it is some sort of infection. They block net access to prevent you from getting rid of it.

I had a virus change this setting on me once. Go to Tools>>Internet Options>>Connections>>Lan Settings. Uncheck everything and click ok. That resolved my past issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom