Explorer freezes after logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
as the title of this thread says Explorer freezes after logon, its really annoying as i end up having to restart my pc by pressing the restart button on the case :O im running vista on the system in my sig and have disabled all startup programs and defraged the hard drive with disk keeper

suggestions would be nice as this is a really annoying thing

i think you have a typo in your sig, hehe

Foxconn - Support - Downloads

have the most current bios? Not sure how easy theirs is, my intel does a windows based flash. All default settings in bios too? Also, disable anything you know you don't use.

will flashing the BIOS help stop explorer from freezing?

oh and whats the typo? :confused:

all depends...I often check my mobo site and read up on any new quirks that may or may not appear...hence available new bioses.

I think the winfast 61508kmd should be 6150k8md..i'ts minor :p

just as an OS can work perfectly in a default vanilla setting, adding hardware or software can potentially interfere with it...same holds true for a mobo.

My system, based off of intels975xbx, from intel and using Vista Ultimate...no issues.

edit: have you also tried booting into safe mode? if so, is it able to or not?

Did you install anything before this started to occur? Have you gotten into Safe Mode to run scans?

sorry i should have mentioned this but its more of an intermittent problem like it wont do it some days but it will do it others...ive downloaded some updates from microsoft and it hasnt't happened since so its fingers crossed at the mo :)

thanks for the advice i will post back if i have any more problems

k its doing it again..does anyone know of any updates its getting anoying having to restart my pc 3 times before i can use it :mad:

Well this is a isolated issue specifically toward you. I haev not experienced this issue so there isnt any patches that i know of.

Vista Updates - MsBetas.org

Check thru some of those updates and see if any help.

ive looked through them and i could potentially use one of them but the flippin validation thing is getting on my nerves, my copy of vista is a legit OEM, so i validate it but i still cant download the updates :confused:

Call them. OEM can only be activated once. So if you changed your CPU or Mobo since you first installed and activated Vsita that would be why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom