explorer.exe takes 50% of CPU and cant open any windows or start menu??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico ege

Baseband Member
Hi
I cant open any folders or my computer and explorer.exe takes up to 50% of CPU. What do I have to do I have run Hijack there is nothing suspicous?? heeeelp!

Thx

Restart explorer.exe. Task Manager -> explorer.exe -> End the process. Now, it should restart. If the problem persists, try ending most of the other processes, because there's not much a reason for explorer.exe to take up that much memory.

-SkyHi

thx Ski
but I have tried but it did not work and also I cant open any programs I am using command line to access most. Can it be a driver problem or smthing like SCSI dvd rom problem(a friend suggested) if yes what do I haveto do?

Try shutting down, remove the power to the DVD-Drive, and then reboot, then see what it does. However, that's probably not the problem, unless it's constantly running, which you'd probably have had noticed.

-SkyHi

well didnt work as u have said. What would you suggest to do? I cant still access my computer, control panel start menu items?

When did it start? Do you have any restore points prior to when it startec? Have u installed anything new recently? Are you able to access things in SafeMode?

- Check to see whats starting up in MSCONFIG
or in the Registry under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

\HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWARE\Microsoft\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom