explorer.exe process uses all the CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakir_sudry

Baseband Member
sometimes when I just use the computer, after a few hours (it very fluctuates, every time it's different) suddenly the computer slows down to almost nothing. when I use ctrl+alt+del and checks the processes tab the "explorer.exe" process uses about 99% of the CPU. clicking "end process" and creating it back doesn't help and just after a few seconds again using 99%
it happened even when I wasn't logged to the internet and usually while I'm playing some games on the computer (different games) and browsing any directories...

any suggestions?

just 3
NvCpl which is for my video card
googe toolbar notifier
ccApp which is for Norton Internet Security

That happened to me about a year ago I think. For a while I would just close explorer.exe and navigate via ctrl-alt-dlt, eventually I did a system restore which fixed it well enough. I assumed it was a virus or something of the like.

I tried to make a System Restore, but when I choose a date to restore, and it doesn't matter which, it restart the computer and then says it was unable to do it. without any explanations

yea i wouldnt try a system restore point if theres a virus it can quiet possibly follow the restore and still stick on the system have u run a scan for virsus'? Is this windows xp? try starting up in safe mode if explorer.exe runs fine in there then its most likely a virus or something that windows loads up that has a conflict with explorer.exe, try running a virus scan in safemode and see if anythin comes up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom