Explorer.exe problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_burgess

Solid State Member
I have a problem on my computer and I think it is associated with the explorer.exe file. Sometimes when I log of the computer a window pops up saying 'Ending program, explorer.exe please wait'. When I use CTRL+ALT+DELETE to see to Windows task manager, explorer.exe appears to be using quite a lot of CPU usage causing my computer to run very slow. The CPU usage is also quite iratic... for example explorer.exe will use 50%... then 0%.... then 49% etc... at about 1 sec intervals. When I open the device manager it appears to keep refreshing itself every second or so making it difficult to use it. I have run spyware and anti-virus software but have been unsuccessful in locating the problem. I have also suddenly had problems using particulare programs on my computer. Can anyone help?

Attached is a screenshot of the task manager. Notice the CPU usage history.

Attachments

• taskmngr.gif
    36.1 KB · Views: 22
I've had a problem with explorer to it just crashed after I'll open up a folder. Really there's no way to fix it besided restore, recovery, or re-install.

you can restore it, that will surely fix the problem. after restoring it get some updates. But what kind of processor do you have?

Updates don't work well for everyone. When i updated my computer it nearly didn't work. Happened with my uncle too. So if you must, read what are updating.

Try running a system file check. Not 100% sure if explorer is considered a system file to Windows, but it's worth a shot.

Open up a command prompt (Start > run > cmd) and type sfc /scannow
it will scan all your system files to see if they have been modified and replace them. (You will need the OS cd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom