explorer caused invalid page fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitschej

Baseband Member
I have got this computer that I have been working on and it has an error message that comes up on startup. Explorer has caused an invalid page fault in module ole32.dll. This problem started after installing quiken 2000. I have since removed the program and have even tried to install windows 98 SE over the top but that has not helped. I have also tried to replace the ole32.dll file and that did not help. I am stuck and could use a couple of ideas to get me going again.

I have fixed the error for explorer caused an invalid page fault in ole32.dll by replacing the ole32.dll with a newer version. The problem now is that I am getting an error explorer has caused an exception 6d007eH in module explorer.exe 016F:0040a067. I have done some research into this and cannot find info on this 016F:0040a067. The only ones that I can come up with are for 015F which is an error for lack of space for the swap file. I have deleted the swap file like one article stated and reloaded windows. After reloading windows now I come up with the error loadqm caused an invalid page fault in module ole32.dll.

man I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I turned off loadqm in msconfig. I restarted windows and now I am back to where I started. The original error message now is back with the original ole32.dll error. I am getting frustrated with this problem. Any help I can get is much appreciated.

Man this is just get worse by the minute. I am now getting this on most programs that I am trying to run where they are all causing errors in module ole32.dll. I am just about ready to wipe out the computer and start it out fresh again. Does anybody have any ideas for me before I wipe it out. I have just about exhausted all of my resources on this one.

Well, the first thing I would do is install AdAware and scan your drive. I am about 99.9% sure that trojan software of many sorts base their binary code into explorer.exe and iexplore.exe through their DLLs. Ole32.dll, being one of these DLLs that they use gets me a little suspicious.
Regardless, it cannot hurt to scan. Let me know what you come up with.

-Michael

I found out what the problem was. It was one of the dimm slots was getting hot and the ram was not reading in the slot causing it not to register all of the ram. The ram was good but it could not regester as a full stick in that slot.
Thanks for the help anyways Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom