Expanding Windows 7 Pro Partiton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got all my files copied over to the partiton and I expanded it so that it would take up most of the hard drive but now my computer won't boot to windows. I decided to boot to Ubuntu so I could download the windows 7 image from my msdnaa account (I gave the DVD to my friend who has an MSDNAA account who didn't have a blank DVD) and Ubuntu wouldn't work. So I reinstalled Ubuntu my second hard drive (So windows is on 500GB, Ubuntu on 750GB) and burned the image. Now When I boot to the windows 7 disk to repair my computer it doesn't see that I have Windows 7 installed. I don't know what I should do from here. I've tried this command "bootsect /nt60 SYS" or "bootsect /nt60 ALL" and nothing happend.

EDIT: I fixed it. I reinstalled windows on the 70GB of free space on the hard drive, got up to the point where you restart your computer the second time then I booted from the Windows 7 disk and did the auto repair and it worked. :) Thanks for all the help

Glad you got it fixed. Sorry that it took some extra steps but at least you got what you want now without having to go through the whole ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom