Expandable up to 1 gig but only 191 left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBM/PS1

In Runtime
Ok i bought a cicero pc from future shop 2 years ago. I've recently bought battle field 2 but have trouble playing it. So i figured i only have 512 RAM so i figured i'd upgrade it. Firstly i figured since my PC came with DDR ram so i figured the expansion slots would be DDR also. I buy 256 RAm and discover that the expansion slots are SD ram slots so i wasted 40 bucks there. Now recently my brother offered to sell me his ram from his pc for 80 bucks. It's good ram and a whole gig it's a good deal but my past troubles with assuming things with this pc has given me worries. When i bought my machine it said on the future shop website it was expandable up to 1 gig of ram. It also says on the box it's expandable to 1 gig of ram. But i wanted to be really sure before i waste anymore money on ram so i dug a bit and found this.... It shows that i currently have 512 ram but it says i can only have another 191 MB or physical memory. Which source should i believe ? please i really need some of your guyz help on this :( I;m assuming physical memory is RAM. I'm sorry if this is the wrong spot for this. It's kind of a hardware and software problem.

untitled.jpg

And any speed right like pc 3200 or whatever as long as it's 184 pink correct? also is there a website i can check the specs. Cicero's website just gives me how much ram it has. ALso i'd like to ask 1 more question. The voltage on my ram right now is like 2.3 volts. If the ram i want is 2.6 volts does that really matter? I think what that means is those two SD ram slots ( if i were to use them) would give me the 191 Gigs it saying i have left. I assume if i took out the 2 256 sticks it would work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom