.EXE not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

petsnsac

Beta member
When I went to go install Norton Antivirus, It asked me to uninstall the old version first. When I did that it gave me a FATIL ERROR and I restarted windows. I came to realize that NONE of my programs worked and the only thing that does is internet explorer and some internal windows components. I cannot use windows restore, and safe mode has the same problem. So my question is: is there a program where I can restore windows before the computer starts up? Or can someone tell me how to use the Norton 2006 emergency repair feature? OR is there an anti-virus that I can run before windows starts? Any advice is appreciated.

The ultimate boot disk has Anti Viruses that can be run off it, its a bootable disc. the .ISO file can be downloaded here.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

you will have to use another computer to burn the .iso file to disk. However, it seems like windows is really fudged up, my reccomendation is to back up important information and reformat/reinstall.

Me thinks you have Spyware running.....converted all your exe files to com files . When Norton went down your Kernal protocols no longer can find the exe's for your software. I would suggest you do a windows repair from Cdrom boot and then install Norton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom