excel opens to a grey screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

triciab

Solid State Member
when i try to open an excel spreadsheet it is just a grey screen, it never opens the spreadsheet. however, if excel is already opened it will open the spreadsheet just fine. does anyone know what would cause excel to not open the spreadsheet unless the program is already started?

i have had this problem before too, the only way i could open either word or excel documents was to first open word or excel then go to open file and select the file i wanted to open. still a mystery, and pain in the but, to me. thank god it was on a work computer and not my home computer. i would suggest uninstalling office, restart then reinstall office. u won't lose any of the documents that u created.

sounds like there is apoblem with the default excel template. I think it has an extention of .XLT...
you coudl try to copy that file from another computer into the computer that is affected.

of course if you took the previous suggested solution, reinstalling office, that woulf fix it also.

thanks for the suggestions. i think i will just try to replace the excel template. i don't why i didn't think of that sooner. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom