Excel Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what I'm trying to do is a macro, and anyways, I know you can do it all the way back to Excel 95.

Here's what it is, it's so simple:
1) I have 3 spreadsheets
-a) Master list of all accounts
-b) terminated accounts
-c) active accounts

I need to make a) search both b) and c) and color a row according to where it finds the name.

There are a couple other provisos/problems but I can get that sorted out by hand, or work on it later, the vast majority of the data is just going to be "Is it here? No. Okay, is it there? Yes, okay, color it blue"

I tried to google some walkthroughs, but like I said, I'm not even sure if "macro" is the right feature that I'm looking for.

I dont think it is a Google related issue. I think it is actually M$ that blocks Google from spidering their site. I mean why would they want the search engine that they are competing against to be allowed on their site. ;)

But yeah if you are looking for Microsoft related answers, your best bet is going to be Live Search. That along with specific searches at Office Online, Microsoft.com and that will be much better than trying to go thru google.

oh yeah... i heard about the MS/Google competition. What's going to happen with that?

Is GoogleWare going to take over the world?

When the AI wars finally break out it will be the Apple iKill vs. Microsoft Perforator vs. Google D-Bot

also, the excel.tips looks fantabulous, I'm sure the answer's there somewhere. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom