Excel 2007, Input Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThriceLabs

Solid State Member
I have created an Excel 2007 spreadsheet using Vista. I am trying to make multiple copies of it without losing the formatting characteristics, namely column and row length and width. Each time I copy and paste the document into a new spreadsheet, the characteristics are lost. I am so tired of making these changes!! Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Are you copying the cells ?
Or the entire document??
If its the document then you can just open it and Save As multiple times with different names...

Are you copying the cells ?
Or the entire document??
If its the document then you can just open it and Save As multiple times with different names...

Tim,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the quick reply!! By way of explanation, I am a speech-language pathologist, and the spreadsheet is a "grade book," of sorts. This means that I would like to keep some of the data (such as student names), but change other data (such as progress notations) on a daily basis. In the meantime, however, I am grateful for your suggestion, even though it means deleting certain information before inputing other information.

You could save a copy with the data already deleted, and then when you want to start a new "grade book" you can have an emptty one ready with all the right formulas in the cells....

You should also be able to create yourself a template. That way you can setup the spreadsheet with the names and cell widths and such as you want it. Then jsut open that template when ever you need to do some work with it.

It is basically what Tim said above. I just think a template would be wiser over a blank copy of the spreadsheet. Even though, technically they are the same thing. Template just sounds better. ;)

Yeah. Same concept. Different implementation.:)

OK here is the trick. When you copy the original first click the button in the top left corner above the "a" and to the left of the "1". This will highlight the entire sheet including the row and column numbers. If you only highlight a certain area you are only copying the data not the formatting. Then copy. With the whole sheet copied you can paste to a new worksheet keeping all your formatting and such. Note this works in 2003 do not see why it would not work for 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom