Every windows i install get currupted after one day

San-kush

Beta member
My pc is facing a problem from 15-20 days.
i have installed win 8 x86 about a year ago, it was working properly, But about 20 days ago it started misbehaving like it hangs at windows booting screen then i installed windows 8 again then a new problem comes that after installing windows it work properly for 1 day and then shows windows needs restore ( might get currupted).
i installed windows 7 also but same problem is coming.
pc details dual-core with 6 gb ram.
please help what should i do???

What kind of software are you installing?

If it's doing it consistently...then it's most likely something you're installing each time.

Or could be the drive is about to go out. From the command line run chkdsk. Any odd noises coming from the system?

Or could be the drive is about to go out. From the command line run chkdsk. Any odd noises coming from the system?

To expand on this, here's how to run chkdsk:

Start -> type 'cmd' (without quotes) -> right click -> run as admin -> in the console window that pops up type:
chkdsk C: /f /r
Press Enter and it will say it cannot lock the current drive and to run on next reboot. Type Y and hit Enter -> Reboot your computer and let it run through the check (it may take some time, depending on how big your HDD is).

i cant run any program like cmd or else...
system restarts as it logon and safe mode is also not working...

Hey sorry I missed the free drinks on this post, but your problem might not be hardware. I advise you to follow the advice above and if that does't work, then follow this post.

When you "Format" the drive during the install process, it doesn't format it at all. It simply removes the File Allocation Tables (a directory of where things are on the physical drive) or the like. The data is still there.

The major change to Kernel version 6.0 (Vista and up) was that during the install, Windows will scan the drive's data blocks in an attempt to locate existing Kernel files. If found, those are used instead of a fresh copy. So really, they (purposely?) made it harder to do a clean install.

Anywho, to perform a true clean install, get a program called DBAN. Burn it to a disk and boot from it. This will go over each bit and completely erase your drive, preventing Windows from installing again using damaged Kernel files.*

It's rare that this issue arises and is a source of issues, but I've found that these persistent "fresh install" anomalies are sometimes caused by the above change in the install process.

* If you decide to go this route, please post before hand if not familiar with DBAN. It permanently and irrecoverably deletes data, so I can post some quick steps to avoid accidents :)

My first thought would b memory or hard drive errors

Try using mem386 from bootable USB and let it run multiple cycles not just a few likely to find on run 10 or so

Check the hard drive of course try Hard disk sentinel or hd tune

I may be wrong but I would look there first

Back
Top Bottom