Every start up, it says Nortons Anti Virus is disabled, but its not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDrIoT69

In Runtime
I recently reformatted, and will reformat if i cant fix this problem, its bugging me. I reformated, reinstalled all the drivers and Nortons and other anti spyware/virus stuff. Anyways, i didnt want to wait for the SP2 update to pop up, so i went to Microsofts website and download it.

Now whenever i start up, it says at the lower right, "Your Nortons AntiVirus is disabled, your computer could be at risk". Something along those lines, then it disappears a second later, and i go to check it all my firewalls and anti virus software is on and it is.

Any ideas? I may just reformat and wait for the SP 2 download thing to come up.

Norton is a buggy, and questionable virus product. It's had a history of hogging memory and...in your case...not auto-protecting. There are better free antiviruses on the net.

I wouldn't worry... i have this happening on approximately 17 computers at the office on a daily basis - from what i've found is that it's only happening on the newer (faster) systems.

I think the problem may be that the Windows Protecton Center (or whatever its called) is loading faster or before the Norton software can load all of its modules. The new Norton software is a hog on resources so it does take a bit longer to load.

As long as it goes away - and Norton says its ok - i wouldn't worry... and i'm not worrying! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom