Everest Home Kernal? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2006, 06:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Everest Home Kernal?

Hi guys....

I installed Everest home, It works fine, But now when I restart my PC it says "Found new hardware" It says the new hardware is a Everest Kernal, What is a Kernal? should I install this Kernal as hardware?

Old 01-03-2006, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

a Kernal by defintion is
"The central module of an operating system. It is the part of the operating system that loads first, and it remains in main memory. Because it stays in memory, it is important for the kernel to be as small as possible while still providing all the essential services required by other parts of the operating system and applications. Typically, the kernel is responsible for memory management, process and task management, and disk management"

My suspicion is that this a low level connector used for monitoring the hardware and system used by Everest.

This is what I found about this...

From above site
There seems to be a fix to this issue.

1) Uninstall EVEREST -- or delete all files of it, in the case no installation procedure used.

2) Restart Windows

3) Perform a registry clean by using a registry cleaner application like jv16 PowerTools:

4) Install EVEREST Home Edition latest version from:

Let us know if it helps.

good luck

Old 01-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Thanks for taking the time to check that out for me

I had to uninstall it 2 times to get it off my computer In Device manager under "Other hardware" I had the Everest Kernal and something labeled Dcw4b39e that wasent there untill I installed Everest. So basicly I wasn't happy with Everest Home Edition, So I didn't reinstall it. I ordered some cooling stuff and when I receive it, I will down load the Everest Ultimate Edition's 2 week trial from there home page and test that out, I'll let you know how it turns out
Closed Thread