Eventtriggers / Bmail Scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

it.jim

Beta member
I've been working on some Eventtriggers that log a few events, and later different Eventtriggers call on Bmail to mail the event to my admins. I've got most of my project completed and working fine, but here is the current problem.

My systems travel non stop in our agency, and they aren't always on the net. I'm trying to make it so that if the Bmail program fails to send the logs, the log files are still maintained, but if Bmail is successful in mailing my logs, the Log is Deleted.

I'm trying to stick to Eventtriggers, Bmail (or an equivelant), and some batch scripts.

I'm somewhat uneducated when it comes to Dos, i'm a younger generation IT. From what I understand though, there should be an Errorlevel or something sent out by Bmail depending on the action the programs take. So far the only output I've found is some text that I have piped to a bmail.txt that i could POSSIBLY use in a FIND combo with some IF statements to delete the files, but even with that idea I'm having syntax issues.

Any thoughts on this I'd be greatful to hear them. I'm sure some other admins out there would like to do something like this on their systems too. Eventtriggers have 1000 and 1 uses, great add on to XP and 2003

couldn't you have the program check to see if you are connected and if not, write out the information to a log, and when you reconnect, the logs are then generated into emails to be sentout? Seems that wouldn't be too hard.

From what i can see Bmail doesn't have any features like that.

Would you happen to know another command line mailers that would have a feature that checks connectivty? I just started looking into Blat after I posted this first message, maybe it will solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom