Ethernet Problems now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exztec

Solid State Member
Hey im back and really sorry! lol :)
I cant connect via ethernet cable? its on my stationary...

it had it for a little period of time and now i just cant connect in any way?
What to do?

What was your initial problem?

Reset router?
Try different ethernet cables?
Try release, renew. flushdns?
Reinstall NIC driver?
Try repair connction?

ive tried all of them except i dont have a router and how do u reinstall NIC???

ipconfig /flushdns
-||- /release
-||- /renew

EDIT:
Okay so i did a format on my pc and yet i cannot connect??
im using an ethernet cable for my pc, my phone and my tv... so its all in one? but when i use the ethernet cable on my laptop it works on my stationary it doesn? im using xp on the stationary

What do yo umean stationary? Your desktop? Do you have proper drivers like Saxon said? Did you try a repair install? Have you tried a restore point? What have you tried other than the IP Config release/renew? Can you try answering some of the questions already asked?

What was your initial problem?

Reset router?
Try different ethernet cables?
Reinstall NIC driver?
Try repair connction?

You never said anything to those questions.

I did answer it if u look a little... ive formatted my pc? and it still doesn work?
i cannot update drivers as i dont have a internet connection to search through...
it says it cant find anything?

I dont know other commands in cmd that can help with this..
and yes i mean my desktop?

EDIT:
Also ive managed to come up with a ip and subnet mask... but no dns nor default gateway??
it has come up that my media state is disconnected and that it may cause some problems with my internet connection?
so how do i activate the media state?

I would assume the ip you are given is something like 169.x.x.x meaning you are not connecting to the router/modem. If not what ip are you given?

Are you using dsl or cable? I see you have no router so have you set up PPoE for DSL or if Cable is this the computer that you originally set the account up with? Or is you modem a modem/router? If it has more than one ports on it then it is a router/modem.

You can download the nic drivers on the computer you are currently using and transfer them via usb or cd.

Do you show a network adapter in device manager?

What motherboard or prebuilt model of computer do you have?

I know you said you did but I want to make sure that you have tried a different known working network cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom