ethernet controller problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
This is going to sound real stupid but I can't for the life of me find the ethernet controller driver for my Asus p4s-la mobo. I've tried asus web site and they don't even list my mobo. I have no idea what brand ethernet is implanted on the mobo. I'm using an alternative ethernet pci card but it would be nice to free up that slot. Anyone know where the driver is at? a link would be cool

Try searching for just a "P4S". Good thing about Asus is they keep a lot of their mobo drivers consistant between boards. So hopefully you can find another P4S and use one of it's "LAN" drivers

-Mike

I tried downloading one of the LAN drivers for one of the p4s mobo's and it didn't work. it was for a pci LAN. I have an onboard LAN. Cripes, I should just stick with the ethernet card I have in the PCI slot. But it still bugs the crap out of me that I can't use the onboard ethernet.....and the onboard sound for that matter too! crap crap crap!!! This is so frustrating. I just can't understand why asus doesn't have one of their own motherboards on their web site. GGGRRRRRRR........

Ok, here's what else I found out. My p4s-la mobo is supposed to be the same as the p4s333-m mobo. I download the only LAN (pci) driver they had and installed it and (of course) it didn't work. I am up to my darned ears in frustration with this...I guess I should just go with the old cliche that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and just stick to the D-Link ethernet card I installed. Phooey!!! So that's exactly what I'm going to do ubless someone else has some other suggestion.

I also downloaded the manual for the p4s333-m and it is close but not the same. again GRRRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom