Ethernet Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaiian style

In Runtime
i just recently found out i could not directly connect to my router because i didnt have the ethernet controller driver installed. and i was just wondering if it mattered which drive i downloaded for this.
originally i have been using my wireless but i heard that its slower so i decided to switch.

It may work with a generic driver and it may not. If Windows doesn't have one, most likely it will not work with a generic driver. Best thing is to go to the card manufacturer's website and download a driver from there.

Check Windows Update see if they have a driver for you. If not then downlaod CPUz which should give you the mother board info. From there go to their site and download the appropiate driver.

Yes CPUz 1.4 is the applicaiton that will give you the mother board information.

Eric will Everest still give you the info if it is considered a unknown device in Windows?

Yes CPUz 1.4 is the applicaiton that will give you the mother board information.

Eric will Everest still give you the info if it is considered a unknown device in Windows?

yes. the problem with that is one you won't know which name to look for. in some cases you can use common sense to figure it out. I've only had one case where it didn't name something. in my experience most unknown drivers are silly things like mouse and memory card drivers especially on laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom