Ethernet Cable alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisN

Beta member
I am looking for a program like this one: Laptop Alarm - Boost your laptop security!

However, the feature I need is for an alarm to sound when someone unplugs the ethernet cable.

I am not necessarily looking for software that will notify another computer or cellphone that my ethernet cable has been unplugged.

It needs to at least trigger a loud alarm.

Someone has been unplugging my laptop ethernet constantly without plugging it back in, even though it is limited to only using 4% of the bandwidth.

I've made several tests and discovered that it makes no difference in their gaming performance. What is probably causing their issue is that they are trying to play games with people back in the states rather than in Japan (we are in Tokyo).

:( well if one doesn't maybe it could be an extra cool feature or something...

should be quite simple... windows can tell when an ethernet cable has been unplugged...

Yes it can. But it can also happen if you restart a router or lost your internet connection thru a power loss. So what you are looking for would have to be able to distinguish when each of these things happen. Which for your purpose would serve a purpose but not many people need a alarm for when a cable gets unplugged.

Sadly the only thing you can do is check your network connections. Even a search for software doesnt show anything.

Just put a hidden camera next to it and wait with a bat. Break their fingers so they cant unplug you anymore :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom