errors writing wav and midi to CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
I really don't know all the details on this, so let me apologise beforehand, but a friend asked me to try and figure this out, and I decided here would be a good place to start. She is trying to burn .wav and .midi (?) files to CDs and is getting errors. she is using Winmediaplayer, and I think it is 9 series. here is about all I know about it:

Error.jpg

error2.jpg

I am going to try to get her tp register here so she can help explain it, but for now I can't get ahold of her. sorry for being so sketchy on the details, but I doubt she knows any more about it than I do.

im not fond of MP9, but i dont think waves are supposed to be burned that way. see, when you have mp3s, u need special programs to decompress the file into a WAV. With just wav files, i think you have to burn it as though it was a data CD

She apparently has already tried writing them to a CD as data. any other ideas? or maybe a reason why that didn't work?

*Is trying to convince her to come here and explain it*

yeah yeah I know.... Cut me come slack here, it's not as easy as it sounds.

"The Matrix: Reload-it!"

I hear Yah...

The truth is, Windows media player isn't a good choice for something that has to do with copying music files to CDs. Mostly Because of it's So-Called "Security features" that detect Copyright infragments like that. And because of that i wouldn't recommend any program from Microsoft. Try this instead:

www.apple.com/itunes

:cool:

I have tried Itunes, and it is ABSURDLY high rescource, it takes about 3 minutes to launch, and after you do everything slows down to the point where you can't do anything constructive. I deleted it a LONG time ago, and I am not going to reccomend it to someone with a slower computer than mine.

I really doubt she would even toutch the extensions, I will ask anyways.

"Sorry about that..."

iTunes is one of those Macintosh programs turned Windows that take-up a S****load of memory and recorces, because apparently, Macs can handle allot more than PCs can. But I still hate WMP because of it's Multitude of Quirky errors and missing features.

Anyway, maybe you'll find what your looking fore here:

www.versiontracker.com

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom