Error on startup....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gill501

Baseband Member
I have just started to get the following error when starting up my PC:

RUNDLL
An exception occurred while trying to run C:\windows\system32\kwdkaz.dll,umonitor

I don't know what this means but I do know that since getting this message each time I have noticed firstly that the Recycle Bin had 3 items in, which I had deleted before Shut Down, and that programs in the Control Panel Add/Remove section were back that I had removed before shut down too. I can't do a system restore as there are no restore points previous to this happening even though I always have System restore switched on.
I know that I had a lot of spyware on my system which I have removed today. I don't think I have a virus as I ran Norton 2004 and it came up clean.

Not sure what to do, any ideas?

Thanks

Forgot to say that my PC is a PB iMedia 5 years old running XP Professional, Service Pack 2.

I don't trust norton AT ALL...
To me ... norton seems to be the number one reason why machines are ruined. Here is my example...
people run norton and it shows a clean machine...
Yet norton doesn't find spyware and other malacious app's that can pass through IE/Firefox....

I think you should back up your important things and reformat...

ps... Trouble shooting a virus/spyware issue will take you 1,000 times longer than re-installing your O.S

Just wanted to post and say that I've solved my problem myself... I ran adaware, norton antivirus 2004, reg mechanic..... and deleted Kazaa...... which I will probably never use again as it is the bain of my life !

Thanks all.

Besides norton here is the issue

Something removed a program, but not 100% of it. Upon booting it wanted to run that that .dll

To fix thsi in the future, click start > run > msconfig > deselect it from in that program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom