error message when trying to install a software - help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah sucks :(. Well guess you would have to wait till more members post some ideas, kinda running out of at the moment, sorry :(. I'll put it in my sig to see if it helps get you thread out :), guess that's the least I can do to make up for not being totally helpful :p.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.
This really seems to be a tough issue.

Thanks!
I installed it but it didn't help. Or do I need to do something with it as opposed to just install it?

Another wierd thing: I tried to look for the file specified in the error message : C:\WINDOWS\Installer\3cb552.msi, but could not find it. There was no 'Installer' folder in the WINDOWS folder. Isn't that odd?

You have to run the Cleanup Utility. Just installing it does nothing. I cant remember the last time installing an item resolved issues without running it first...

The path does exist. It is just protected cause it is system files which are hidden. If you go into your Folder options and show all files including system protected files i bet you will find the path.

You need to try another download of the file, run the cleanup utility, run system file checker and run the clean manager.

You have to run the Cleanup Utility. Just installing it does nothing. I cant remember the last time installing an item resolved issues without running it first...

The path does exist. It is just protected cause it is system files which are hidden. If you go into your Folder options and show all files including system protected files i bet you will find the path.

You need to try another download of the file, run the cleanup utility, run system file checker and run the clean manager.

Thanks a lot !

When I open the Installer Clean up, it lists programms from whichg I can select and it removes them. Or are those just the installers for those programs?

The system file checker is a utility by Microsoft, that I can download there, right?

Thanks again!
Lars

Those are the installers and other installer related file for those programs. The System File Checker is built into Windows. Command prompt and the command is sfc /scannow that you run.

Those are the installers and other installer related file for those programs. The System File Checker is built into Windows. Command prompt and the command is sfc /scannow that you run.

Thanks again !

So, should I delete/remove the installer of the program that causes problems and download/re-install it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom