Error Message (Stop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubius

Baseband Member
I am having a problem....i take that back my father is having a problem. He uses Windows 2000 pro and as of today been getting a Stop Error message when trying to load windows. Here is the Full Error Code.

Stop: 0x0000000A (0xFFFFFFE8, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8042001D) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Address 8042001D base at 80400000, DataStamp 3d362a77 ntoskernl.exe

Now i have looked up the problem and it says it usually does it when downloading a buggy driver. The only problem is my father has not downloaded any new driver or software, and he hasnt installed any new hardware. When i try to go into safe mode it gives me the same error message. I try to Start up with last known good configuration and it gives me the same error. I have run the repair Windows feature on the disk but to no avail. Now i noticed something when i first started up to look at the problem and the Hard Drive sounded awful, but after subciquent(sp?) restarts sounded normal. Now my father seems to think his hard drive is bad, personally after hearing what it did the first time i started it up i tend to agree but i am having my doubts. His hard drive are about 4 to 5 years old 30 Gig WD Caviars. Now my question is, is it possible for the hard drive to be bad or is it just a software conflict or such and just need to format drive and reinstall. Another question it also said to turn off Cache and Shading for Memory in Bios, How do i do that. I go to Setup up screen by pressing DEL and i go to BIOS but doesnt give me those options. Any help in this is greatly appreciated.

-Anubius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom