Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkin48603

Solid State Member
There is this error message that I keep getting that says it will restart my computer in 60 seconds. It is really annoying and I dont know how to get rid of it. Can any one help?

Attachments

• shark10.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 20
haha anther instance of the Blaster virus. go to Start->Run->cmd and then type shutdown -a and press Enter when it happens.

then go download the removal patch from here: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

and go to Windows Update (usually under Start->Windows Update) and download latest critical patches.

next time you reinstall XP or 2000, don't connect to Internet right away and apply patches if you have them saved.

theabove site will give you more info

yes, i would agree. that is good advice. a good firewall or router with anti-virus software can protect you from this also.

it doesn't mean that he has the msblast virus,but a good chance.
the RPC restarting started before the msblast came out.

i fixed someones computer that was messed up.
in task manager i killed msblast,mslaugh,treekids,and LSAS(not lsass)then deleted the startup files in regedit.
did a adware and virus scan,installed a firewall,then windows update.

the RPC has something to do with someone sending a file to your computer and having it connect to an irc server,but it is the same way the msblast was sent.

linkin48603 said:
There is this error message that I keep getting that says it will restart my computer in 60 seconds. It is really annoying and I dont know how to get rid of it. Can any one help?

What option did you take and why did you decide to say yes ?
I didn't
Why where you there ?
What where you expecting ?
You screwed up i think,and paid the price.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom