error loading operating system >:[

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevasis

Solid State Member
so guys while i was installing windows xp pro power goes out at 76 pc -_-. So i turn the power back on(the xp cd still inside) and i get the msg "error loading operating system".Now ive tried going into the bios and changing the access mode to Large and LBA and that dont work. also tried putting cd-rom as first boot priority. so i think i have to do something with floppy disks.>_> Oh tech gurus please help me :D

Can't you format and reinstall again? Just boot off XP, use the boot menu. Refer to your mobo manual for the boot menu.

hmm well what do you mean by format and reinstall? and mobo, boot menu wuuuuut? u mean the bios? sorry im tech noop ^_^

I'm assuming this is a new build. When the computer boots up, press f8 or f10 and a boot menu comes up. Select CD drive and proceed to do an install.

well i had already installed xp previously,was installing again cuz it started running slow. it says f10 is the recovery menu and i press it and i cant get to the boot menu, same with other f keys.

ok so once i turn it on all i can do is go to bios or it goes to the error. i cant get into windows.:(

F1 and F11 are the only keys that work and they both only get me into the bios

ah i figured esc gets me into the boot menu. but when i chose to boot from cd i still get the same error.

you killed the f10 option when you reformatted the hard drive. try putting a powermax cd in your drive. it will automatically boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom