error loading operating system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey1

In Runtime
this is the first time ive seen this so im stumped :confused:

(note:first used xp home LEGIT when that didnt work i swapped cd using xp pro NON LEGIT)

trying to load windows onto a new sata hdd, everything was enabled in the bios, boot device priority (cd rom, cd rom, cd rom etc etc) boots off the cd fine, i agree to all the crap create a new ntfs partition (quick format, and tryed full format althought that shouldnt matter) formats fine, copies over the files fine, reboots then it goes to the boot from cd rom...(we dont press anything at this point it should load windows and go into the setup) 'oot from cd rom...error loading the operating system" is what i get instead ?? thought it might be the boot priority so i tried again this time changed the biios to boot hdd, cd rom etc etc before it gives the second boot from cd option still the same thing...

as i said im stumped any ideas would be highly appreciated

i understand totally its just that i thought im might have been my legit cd that had a problem so i tryed another one to see wether that was the problem

edit: no dodgy stuff here as i said i have a legit xp home cd

have used a friends windows xp home cd and still same error so it cant be the cd's...is their something that i have missed ?

Do you have drivers for the sata hard drive? Some times evne thou the files copy over, formats, etc, it still may be required to have the drivers. You can also try different sata ports on the mobo

havent tryed a different sata port yet will do that when i get the chance, i havent installed sata drivers... didnt know you had to i thought u just enable it in the bios

thanks for the ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom