Error Installing XP Pro "The File is Missing. Please Contact your System Administrato

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Picture:

I have tried it about 4 times and it showed different missing file for each try. Basically it all ended up with the .sys in the C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\ folder.

I am currently using Windows XP Home Edition on this computer. I have successfully installed this Windows XP Professional SP2 edition into my other computer and decided to switch to my old computer with the WinXP Home. The WINXPHOME computer is having problems with the installation with that step. I tried skipping that step but in the end when the computer restarts and tries to install WINXPPROSP2 then it all ends in "missing file".

Re: Error Installing XP Pro "The File is Missing. Please Contact your System Administ

Well i did a search on the file. The abhipbg4.sys and came up empty. I cant find it on my system either. So i would have to wager to guess that the version of XP is not fully legit. If it is then it is from another PC maker.

I dont even think i can begin to guess what the file is or does. But my first guess would be this. Get another copy of XP Home.

Re: Error Installing XP Pro "The File is Missing. Please Contact your System Administ

I bought my HP Pavioliion a82n with Windows XP Home if you were referring to the non-legit version of Windows.

I have a Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 cd and installed it more than once on different computers. Its only until I installed it on my HP computer where I start to notice this problems.

Are you saying its PC problems? Or is it the CD? What are some solutions to this problem?

I bought my HP Pavioliion a82n with Windows XP Home if you were referring to the non-legit version of Windows.

I have a Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 cd and installed it more than once on different computers. Its only until I installed it on my HP computer where I start to notice this problems.

Are you saying its PC problems? Or is it the CD? What are some solutions to this problem?

my guess is the cd is scratched or has some inperfection that's causing the error. Another thing....the optical drive?
good luck

my guess is the cd is scratched or has some inperfection that's causing the error. Another thing....the optical drive?
good luck

or bad cd rom drive or bad ram. it's one of the 3

why are you installing it within windows? try a fresh install after you find the culprit

It must be the optical drive because I just installed it on an old Windows 98 Computer just yesterday when I asked this question. So it can't be the CD it must either be the RAM or Optical Drive?

It must be the optical drive because I just installed it on an old Windows 98 Computer just yesterday when I asked this question. So it can't be the CD it must either be the RAM or Optical Drive?

yes. it looks like you answer your own question. it looking like the optical drive. you can run memtest86 to be sure. your other question is related to this.

why are you installing xp inside of windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom