error installing windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
i bought windows vista ultimate builder pack for my comp since xp was ****ing me off and thought this would work but i guess not. after i type in the product code it take about 2 min to think about it then comes up with an error

" Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation resources are accessible and restart the installation"

then i hit ok and it goes to the BSOD

error code

STOP: 0x0000008E (0x0c0000005, 0x872E1c91, 0x863D7A0C, 0x00000000)

win32k.sys- Address 872E1c91 base at 87200000 Datestamp 4549aea2

can someone help me with this i think it may be a hardware issue or something of that sort.

here are the specs of my comp

-dfi lan party ut nf4 ultra-d socket 939 nvidia nforce 4 ultra atx amd motherboard
-AMD Atholon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model
-Lite-On 16x DVD+,-R dvd burner w/lightscribe and 5x dvd-ram
-kingston hyperx 1gb (2x512mb) 184-pin ddr sdram ddr 400(pc 3200) dual channel
-Hiper 580w PSU
-2x 250gb 7200 rpm western digital sata hd
-BFG Tech geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 video card

Make sure your BIOS is fully up to date. Vista will give errors if it isnt.

well i removed one 512mb of ram and everything went smoothly and everything is up and running but now how do i re add the 512mb stick of ram?

You should be able to just put it in. Vista doesnt like RAM to be of different makes it seems. This is the 2nd time i have heard of Vista not installing when the RAM chips are not the same.

look at my specs theyre the exact same stick of ram.
this happened when i was installing XP pro too it didnt like both sticks of ram in there it would crash the computer it wouldnt boot up all the way into the os it would just stay at the windows loading screen where the bar moves, then restarted. i think its a setting with the motherboard or a setting in the bios to accept dual channel ram or something but i cant figure it out. ive flashed the motherboard a bunch of times to get my video card and everything to work so maybe that may have done something but im not sure

vista installed fine for me and both my sticks of ram are different makes and speeds. unless you are talking about adding ram after vista is installed then I'm not sure.

either or i got an error code when installing vista and my computer crashed so i removed one of the sticks of ram and then tried it and it went smoothly so now that vista is installed i need to reinstall the other stick of ram but it doesnt like it so i dunno what to do i think its my **** motherboard rejecting it

run memtest 86 to verify that the ram is ok. then take ultimate back and get home premium and put the extra money back in your pocket. it has everything ultimate have but 3 useless features that only a business might use.

most people buy ultimate because of the media center part, but premium has that too

EricB said:
run memtest 86 to verify that the ram is ok. then take ultimate back and get home premium and put the extra money back in your pocket. it has everything ultimate have but 3 useless features that only a business might use.

most people buy ultimate because of the media center part, but premium has that too

cant return already opened lol oh well at least i can say well i have ultimate! but no i use the remote desktop feature and the harware failure feature too the other one i dont even know what that is lol

but addressing the question i can stick the other ram in and itll work fine but it wont let me both of them at once i could run memtest but that crap takes forever and i already know its not gonna change anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom