Error error error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

7yler

Beta member
Hey everyone. I picked up a computer for next to nothing at a yard sale. As I attempted to install windows xp on the computer, it freezes, and has odd characters on the screen. I have recorded a video of what shows on the screen. This is me trying to install the operating system several times. If I let the computer startup normally it freezes shortly after the dell screen and before a welcome screen. Any ideas as to what I should do?

Link

If it won't install the OS and just freezes you have faulty hardware.

Ensure that everything is cleaned out and nothing is dirty. I would also reapply thermal past on the CPU and ensure the heatsink, fan, GPU and power supply are all clean.

If the PC has been sitting around for a while and not been powered up before they sold it to you, then the BIOS may have lost some of it's optimum settings so it might be worthwhile going in to the BIOS and loading ether the default or optimal settings, save them and then reboot.

Also, if the BIOS has some sort of AntiVirus protection (some do) then turn that off during the OS install as that can prevent an OS from installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom