error code 80070490, Windows Defender update cased some problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
......error code 80070490. I updated Windows Defender to from Definition 1.47.966.0 to 1.49.88.0 (i know not the latest) on 12/5. The latest update is today, which i downloaded but wont install properly. 1.49.88.0 was a successful update but affected the NET 1.1 Framework (2.0 i think actually). I cant update Vista, i cant play GTA4 or even open it because i think i need to be connected to the internet so i can play it. Crysis takes too long to open or hardly does.

oh n i cannot remove the update either. I looked for problems on google and only found a few solutions. One of the solutions im gonna try tomorrow is to do a System Restore. I read what it does but i question is if i should back up my data first or am i safe to for the go ahead?

but anyhow, get GTA4 for PC, lots of fun! I get 18-24 fps average. Still playable though.

UPDATE:

looks like GTA4 can play, just takes so long though.

came from a thread i made yesterday:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f15/r...ls-ati-catalyst-8-12-release-dec-10th-193249/

i just noticed the problem as i was trying to update Windows Vista, i was getting this error. I want to do a System Restore but i need to know the risks of doing it.

should i back up my data just in case or no?

EDIT:

i downloaded the latest update for Windows Defender but when i run it, it quits out of itself after like 2 seconds of opening.

Yes but you should be able to backup the save file and reinstall GTA without losing where you are in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom