Error 1706 No Valid Source Could Be Found... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Error 1706 No Valid Source Could Be Found...

hi i need your help pc was working ok,,since today when i turn on i get this error message

so please if somebody can help me with this..
i have winxp/sp2...lwith latest update..
beside this pc works ok..but this nag ..thanks

Old 09-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

ok for whoever happens to have this nag,,here is the solution,,i found it in another forum
change the xx for TT..
How Do I Install or Uninstall The Update Manager?
Document ID: Q111006
Last Revised On: 9/27/2004

The Update Service is a tool that InstallShield sells to software vendors that is designed to help you keep your software up-to-date. Keeping your software updated has many benefits, but InstallShield recommends that software vendors build in an option to disable automatic update checking. If you are using an application that uses the Update Service, your application may have a configuration option to disable update checking. Please check your applicationÂ’s menu options.

If your application does not have this option, InstallShield has created a tool called the Update Manager that can disable automatic update checking. The Update Manager utility lists all applications currently using Update Service on your computer and the Update Service's status with that application.

You may already have the Update Manager installed. If Program Updates is listed in your Start menu, then the Update Manager is installed. If you do not have the Update Manager installed, follow these instructions to download and install it:

Download and install the Update Manager:
Closed Thread