The enumerator has become invalid error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Is anyone familiar with this error?

The only information I could find was pointing it towards direct draw. Is that part of directX?

I'm having the error when trying to play downloaded movie trailers etc. I see a still image of the video and then the error pops. I'm also getting bad artifacts in games. The artifacts started at the same time the errors started. Before I RMA my video card I figured I'd try a post and see if anyone has ran into this before. Some of these videos ran fine and now they will not so something has changed. I'm going to do a full format and reinstall my OS and all drivers but would like to see if I can find out what the problem is before I do this.

The few posts I found from people with similar problems on other various sites did not find any resolution to the problem.

Any help is appreciated

This is XP SP2. Video card is 7900GT KO eVGA

I just wanted to post and say after uninstalling all old codecs and reinstalling new ones the enumerator error was fixed.

For anyone else that has this problem go into add/remove programs and manually uninstall all codecs including xvid, mpeg etc etc then reinstall.

Still have artifacts out the wazoo in games, so I will still be RMA'g my video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom