endless reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transerver

In Runtime
Hi

Has anyone experienced a problem with endless rebooting? I have yet to get my hands onto the computer itself but what I've been told, the computer is unaccessible(unable to login) and keeps rebooting.

I'm thinking that I should go into system repair/restore to a earlier point (which is possible while the bios boots up(if I remember accurately) not sure what key combination but I'll try to google it. Or was it using a windows disk, I forgot

if anyone can think of other options besides wiping out windows (plenty of important files on there)

this is on a windows xp system (it's supposedly due to a virus as my uncle has told me but I have suspicion to believe otherwise)

TIA

There are just as many reasons for an endless reboot as there are pieces of hardware in the world.

You need to find out what was being done before this started to happen, what updates programs or what ever was installed prior to this happening. On top of that you need to find out if Safe Mode works or not, if there is any system restore points or not and if you have the proper XP CD that goes with the type of install. be it XP Home OEM, HP Home Retail and so on.

Hit F8 on boot-up and select safe mode.
If windows then boot's up go to:
[Control Panel] [System] [Advanced] [Startup and Recovery] and untick Automatic restart.

Restart windows and you should be able to give some more info on what was causing the reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom