The End of P2P is Today - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 03:45 PM   #31 (permalink)
Super Techie

I would say excellent. I have used iTunes....the quality of the download is a lot better. You don't get some botched rip that someone wasn't paying attention to.

Quote:
Originally posted by beedubaya
If big advantage of P2P is you can find about any song on there you want. I never have and never will use it for software.
I would think one lends itself to the other, kinda like two peas in a pod. This is not to say you do, but Im willing to bet peso's to donuts everyone else does.

*sheepishly raises hand*

Ubuntu - it\'s all about the bun\'s baby!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
If big advantage of P2P is you can find about any song on there you want. I never have and never will use it for software. One question, how do those legal programs such as Napster and ITunes compare to P2P programs such as Limewire when it comes to the selection of songs you can get from them?
they suck. I have heard for years that Itunes was the best program.
but the have very little R&B or rap which make them useless for me. napster get the rights for artist first, so say you want a song that you heard 20 years ago from a 1 hit wonder, napster is a little service then.

I Miss AudioGalaxy (now Rhapsody). they had almost every song ever made. file sharing was legal then.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
file sharing was legal then.
nah, it wasn't legal, it just wasn't illegal I know I know, fine line, but it's still visable.

Ya, if some bands *cough*metallica*cough* hadn't b17c43d, everything would be cool.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
S e c u r e d

Quote:
Originally posted by hillbillybob
Ya, if some bands *cough*metallica*cough* hadn't b17c43d, everything would be cool.

Right on target !
Download Metallica just to spite those babies.
They also have tried sueing other bands for using
the same cords as they do... They say, thats the metallica "sound".
Old 10-18-2005, 04:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
Super Techie

oh oh dear. Pre-Lars, things were great. but, i dunno, maybe he poisoned the rest or subjected them to mind control.

Funny, I don't hear of a lot of other bands/artists out there b17c41ng because their songs are downloaded. I have/still download and i still will pay to see a concert.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

question.

what does b17c41ng mean?
Old 10-18-2005, 05:17 PM   #37 (permalink)
S e c u r e d

lol its bit**ing in leet speak.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:40 PM   #38 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
If big advantage of P2P is you can find about any song on there you want. I never have and never will use it for software. One question, how do those legal programs such as Napster and ITunes compare to P2P programs such as Limewire when it comes to the selection of songs you can get from them?
The exact same selection now since Limeware is making every single file on their network carry a valid licence from the auther.

As for the weird number language is it just lazy/slang or trully leet .
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-18-2005, 05:51 PM   #39 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by bradybnmci
lol its bit**ing in leet speak.
ya, I was trying to get away from the asterisks, figured everybody would catch it. lol
Old 10-18-2005, 09:22 PM   #40 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Oh, as far as not finding P2P in longhorn, from my understanding it is not installed by default.

add it via Add/Remove Programs --> Add/Remove Windows Components. Install the Peer-to-Peer component. That will add the p2p.dll needed for running the samples.

just so ya know... as far as P2P, I stick with bit torrent. Mostly for obscure or no longer publised materials, however I AM guilty of downloading stuff that isn't, but not often.

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Closed Thread