Encrypted Files...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I could really use some help, this one has been stumped.

Ok, so I was stupid and encrypted some files on my storage drive. Well, the other day, I had to reinstall XP (Pro) without being able to back up any registry data, including my keys (Certs).. Now I can not access my encrypted files, of course.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Yes I formatted my main drive and no I did not back them up.

I have a program (Advanced EFS Data Recovery 4.0), but its not able to decrypt the files yet.. Still working on that..

Any ideas? Please!!!!!

Sorry, but because of safety reasons, we won't be able to help you other than tell you that you'll have to use the encryption software that you used to encrypt them, to decrypt them. We gotta do this because we can't really know that they are actually your documents or not. Hope you understand.

Can always hit up google for answers to stuff like this. Obviously can't discuss it here, but I think you'll be able to find somewhere.

Is there any way to prove these files are mine? They are very important to me. They contain pictures of my kids, from birth to now.. And some other files. I will do just about anything to prove they are mine.

If you still can not help, I do understand.

You can wait for a higher-up to see what they want to do with the topic if you'd like. We've had topics like these before however, and they've said the same thing that I have basically. You're more than welcome to see what they say, however.

There is no way to prove they are your files so we can't help you sorry. But how did you encrypt them? if it was with some commercially available software i would contact the vendor to see if they can help.

Why would you encrypt your children's photos?
Because they were on my storage drive along with all my music and misc. stuff. I had a game installed on that drive as well, I kept getting Keyloggers, so I encrypted the folders in the drive to keep anything from accessing them. They keyloggers attached to one of the files in my game directory, not in my windows directory. After encrypting them, I had no more problems.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Obviously no one here can help me, and even if I could prove the files are mine, I don't think anyone could.

Its going to cost every penny I make for the next 3 years, but I'll just have to take it to someone that can memory the metallic on my main drive so I can get the cert key, then get the files off my storage drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom