encountered another problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gula187

In Runtime
i encountered a small problem a few min. ago...every time i try to burn a cd my computer shuts off...

any suggestions?

Overheated cpu? When burning cds or dvds you place a load on cpu time. You may want to look at the temps for the cpu as well as others. If the cpu temp is well within the normal range you could be seeing another hardware problem since burning draws more power through the board itself.

I agree, overheating is probably the issue, check your temps while performing the burn and report back what the temp is once it turns off. If that isn't the issue try reinstalling the software package you are using.

Sounds like the cpu overheat protection is kicking in to be seeing that. I know when going to burn a data dvd that will pull a cpu down a bit while cd-rs generally go fast. The fast shutdown for a cd-r suggests a cpu already running hot or the draw is pulling the supply down as another thing to consider.

i cant get hardware monitor to completely install it freezes when it gets to the end is there anything else that i can try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom