Enabling XP Pro Welcome Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

HooX

Solid State Member
I recently purchased a laptop through my college with Windows XP Pro preloaded on it. I am trying to enable the welcome screen, but can't seem to get the settings to stick. I go to "change the way users log on and off" and I check off "use the welcome screen." I hit Apply Options and then exit out of the control panel. This does now work however, and the next time I go into the settings, the check box is unchecked.

I do not have my computer joined to a domain, but I do have it joined to my own workgroup.

Thanks

i think you need to clarify your post a bit. you said that you check off the "use the welcome screen" but you restart and its unchecked. i'm not sure what you mean. but you need to have that checkbox checked.

I guess that was a little confusing. What I meant by "checked off" is checked. I went into the settings and put a check next to the "Use the Welcome Screen," but when I go back in this box is unchecked.

sounds like you are trying to change something only a administor have privilege to do so. so logon as admin. then do the same steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom